Known Issues

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Home screens resizing

With one of the latest updates the home screens seem to have an issue where they resize to fit all the icons on the screen as you swipe between them. It's very distracting as it causes a brief "jump" of all the icons as they are resized. It's also not consistent, affects different home screens to different amounts, depending on how they are laid out, and depending on whether you swipe in from the left or the right.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. just lost all my icons, can get to any apps on default home page up

just lost all my icons, can get to any apps on default home page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rows/columns settings for menu icons are again messed up. Columns change rows in fact instead of columns and rows settings don't work at all

Rows/columns settings for menu icons are messed up again Jesus Christ. When you change columns they it in fact applies to rows instead and when you change rows, nothing happens, it does not work at all. In addition when I set columns to 6, then it changes to 5. When I set it to 7, it changes to 6. Seriously...every fu* update ... It's boring.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Forced Round Icons

The latest update has changed about 90% of the icons to be circular. Could this be an option so I can put it back to the square icons that I was happy with before?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Cannot move icons

Nothing happens when I tap and hold icons. i can no longer move, delete or group icons.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Feed is off but the page is still there

I turned off the feed since I wasn't using it and now there is a blank swipe page that I can't hide or use.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. recent

recent apps page(not feed) do not have effect of row x column size.
    using note 4 5.7 inch qhd display

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bing daily background link no longer shown

I have set the Bing daily wallpaper as background. The Bing logo is no longer shown on the display so I can't read where the picture was taken. Please restore the link?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I used Note 8 (with Outlook app) badge is never shown only at Outlook app in Galaxy Note 8 (other phone has no problem showing badge)

When I used Microsoft Launcher with Galaxy Note 8 (with Outlook app), badge is never shown only at Outlook app in Galaxy Note 8 (other phone has no problem showing badge)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. icon size

Maximum Icon size dramatically reduced in this version over previous version, with too much of a gap between icons on a page. The maximum Icon size needs to be increased back to the size of previous versions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. icon

I can't change the icons... please put the option back

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. icon grid alignment has shifted to the left of centre in latest update.

The icon grid alignment has shifted to the left of centre.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Long Tap does not work: so I cannot move icons. ロングタップができなくなりました。アイコンを動かすことができません。

Long Tap does not work: so I cannot move icons or activate edit mode. ロングタップが効かなくなりました。アイコンを動かすことができません。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. unused places on start screen

I configured my start sceen to 6x6 Layout but not all cells are filled with an app icon. The last 4 fields on the bottom right are empty.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. icons always cuttoff on tablet rotation. tried many many settings. icons once set in portrait or landscape should rotate in place.

app icons on home screen cutoff. either a column will disappear or row will dissapear entirely upon rotation between landscape and portrait.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New App Shortcuts

Recently when installing new apps, the automatic shortcuts are being placed on the halfway point between the two vertically scrolling pages. This only occurs when there is two blank rows on the 2nd (bottom) screen. If they are full, the default 'no space for shortcut' appears as it should.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am not able to change the icon size.

unable to change the icon size

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. icons crammed

Icons crammed into the top left corner of one of my screens, making the text illegible due to overlapping. New apps installed seem to go around them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. unable to remove a page from home pages

unable to remove a page from home pages

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base