Below are a list of known issues, cast your vote to receive updates on a specific issue. Also, please add a comment with more details if you have them.

Notification badges not working

Notification badges of a few apps like Facebook, Gmail and Instagram are not working!

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emona shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Badges for ect Textra worked for a while, then stopped working. Please make a way to reset it. Or... Please make phones again.

Had the same problem then discovered you can add the notifications in the settings. Just a massive shame Microsoft abandoned their phones. Nokia Lumia was much better than Nokia Google.

shame this feature doesn't work as I like the interface better than Nokia Google standard one. However not much use if you can't tell whether you have a new messages.

• Merih commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

notification badge simply does not work for gmail. never showed unread mail count

• Tiftof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

P20 Pro, all permiisions are set, even in special access. All badges work, except missed phonecalls. When I restart the launcher it shows the badge, aftrer being removed when I check the phonecalls, new missed phonecalls are not indicated. I really love the launcher, brilliant work - please help with this

• Tiftof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huawei P20 pro (Oreo) - missed calls badge doesn't work, all others do work
        all permissions I could find are set - even under special access
        I restored the launcher from a backup from my old Galaxy S6
        I really like the launcher - please help!

Yes Me also have the same issue. When in the Launcher settings while clicking the apps box it says to give access to MS Launcher to show notification. But even after giving the permission its changes nothing.

Notification badges don't work for messages app on Pixel XL - stopped working around November 2017 and no updates since, including Android system as well as MS Launcher, have remedied the issue.

S8 on at&t on Android oreo the badge notifications are not working. They work fine using Samsung launcher. But not on MS Launcher

Notification badges stopped for Outlook, Phone, Messaging apps, Please make it work, I am tired of listening to my wife complain!!!

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

S9 user: since the last MS Launcher updated two days ago, notification badges stopped working even for Outlook, Phone, Messaging apps

• KM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Redmi 5 - Notification badges don't always show up for SMSs. The issue is random. Have done everything that has been suggested to get the notifications.
        on this same device, notifications are being shown for gmail, outlook, WhatsApp, YouTube apps.

• Bern.. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No Gmail, Outlook, Textra, or Signal badge notifications for me. That's a pretty big deal.

badge count not working for any app on S8 Active and not working for missed call and text count for S8+

• Cosmin Petrenciuc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tested the latest version of Microsoft Launcher on Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Oreo, Now badge count works for Messages app made by Samsung but still doesn't work for Phone app. Extremely annoying.

Upgraded from S6 running unknown to new S9. Notification pills worked great on old phone but do not even appear on the new phone.

← Previous 1 3

Known Issues: notification

Feedback and Knowledge Base