Below are a list of known issues, cast your vote to receive updates on a specific issue. Also, please add a comment with more details if you have them.

new notification badge

Notification badge counts are wrong.

1,203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

404 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea I see the same thing. For me things were working but then I did a reset of all app preferences and now I usually only see single counts for messaging, arlo, and youmail even when I receive more than one. Sometimes the notification badge doesn't show up either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not fixed. Got 41 unread messages in default sms app. Since 3 months or more.

Email app always show 1 badge notification even there are more. Phone app don't show any badge notifications if phone was on standby when rang.

• Rodrigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the number shows wrong same when the notification is silenced on the app to an user or group

• Rodrigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the number shows wrong same when the notification is silenced on app to an user or group

Only way to avoid this is to read new messages etc by clicking notification center notification, not the app icon.

I have no notification badges for anything anymore. None for text messagaes, missed calls, fb, twitter ... none. Frustrating.

On my hawei p10 I Have the same problem with couting unread SMS. I read all but there is still badge with some value

• Leffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The badge count is wrong on my Xiaomi Redmi 5 and the count that shows even if all messages are read is those messages that has NOT been received by recipient. I have tried to track this down for weeks and it looks like, in my case anyway, is caused by this. The sent but not received by the recipient should not be counted as "unread"

Regards,
        Leffe

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

none of my apps.(ex. email, messages, phone calls) ever show a number as to whether I've had a call or message, etc.

Update to my comment below. I am receiving badge notifications for GROUP messages only. Still not receiving them for one on one conversations.

I'm not getting badges for any SMS apps, including Textra and Pulse. getting them with other launchers like Nova. I do get badges for email and other apps. Deal killer for me.

i don't see notifications of my some apps, like Messanges app WhatsApp, i have to open the app and see the messages... pleace to the next compilation, fix It...

thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Known Issues: notification

Feedback and Knowledge Base