Known Issues

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Glance widget is automatically reset

When I restart my device, the widget which I added in glance are removed and only default widget are their.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Widgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bing daily wallpaper stopped changing pictures

bing daily wallpaper stopped changing the pictures.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wallpaper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 200903 is offered, but the download is 200902

I can't get the version announced

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bing wallpaper is not properly working

Bing wallpaper is not working properly because when i am setting my wallpaper a specific wallpaper is selected and it is not changing day by day.
    previously it was working but when i updated the launcher it is not working properly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wallpaper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Could you please help us troubleshoot it by : Click launcher settings → Help and feedback → Troubleshoot →Quickly Tap “Run test” on the top right corner for 10 times continuously – > Others → Wallpaper → send report? It will be very helpful.
    Did Microsoft launcher is killed by system when the issue happens? Do you remember on which version the issue appeared ?

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Icons in tray keep switching to an icon pack I've uninstalled.

The icons in my dock keep switching to a different icon pack. I've even uninstalled the icon pack but they keep changing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dock  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your reply. We’d like more details form you in order to resolve the issue. Could you please send us a screenshot of the wrong icons? Have you ever uniform your icon shapes in launcher settings before the issue appears?

7. changed icons reverts back upon update

every launcher updates, my icons revert back to their original icons especially when I use browser to open the site instead of using their app.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. two launcher

Regular android launcher automatically opens over top of Microsoft launcher when I exit apps until I press home button

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Home Screen  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for your bad experience. Does any other third-party launcher has the same issue?
    We’d like more information about your latest update in order to resolve the issue for you:
    Go to softeware updates – click on last update → scroll all the way down → send us "the software update information "
    Go to About Phone → Software information → send us the one UI version and Android Version. Thanks!

9. after latest update, home screen defaults back to google and within a minute it's back to Microsoft launcher

after latest update, home screen defaults back to google and within a minute it's back to Microsoft launcher

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lock Home screens  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, do you still face the issue? If yes, please contact with us, thanks! sorry for your bad experience. Does any other third-party launcher has the same issue? When you lose default launcher/goes back to Samsung launcher, does it go back to MSLauncher when you press the home button? Or does a dialog pops up and asks you to select a default launcher again?

We’d like more information about your latest update in order to resolve the issue for you: Go to softeware updates – click on last update → scroll all the way down → send us "the software update information " Go to About Phone → Software information → send us the one UI version and Android Version. Thanks!

10. Daily wallpaper issues and recent apps

Ever since the update this app has had too many issues. I have set daily wallpapers but they don't change every day as older version used to I normally find that the daily show toggle button has gone off.
    My wallpapers seem that fail to load as daily show. Also whenever I tap on recent items I get am error message that my stock launcher had stopped working. Please fix these issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wallpaper  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Could you please confirm the following questions in order to help us troubleshoot it?

1. When did it happen? Do you remember on which version?

2.Is the Bing daily wallpaper option enabled? When you say “normally find the daily show toggle button has gone off” Does it mean the daily wallpaper option is automatically turned off?

3. Could you please send us a bug report by : Click launcher settings → Help and feedback → Troubleshoot → click run test ten times in the upper right corner – > Others → Wallpaper → send report. It will be very helpful.

11. folders not respecting icon choice

the icons for my system apps have all been swapped to the blue Google defaults. after the 92360 update this morning they're now showing the MS version in the unopened folder, and the correct version when you open it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Both size of icons and police size are unstable after system reset.

Impossible to maintain settings for: icons size and police font size.
    After each opening of the MS Launcher, the above settings are set to a different size.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Could you please help us troubleshoot it by : Click launcher settings → Help and feedback → Troubleshoot →Quickly Tap “Run test” on the top right corner for 10 times continuously – > Others → Wallpaper → send report? It will be very helpful.
    Did Microsoft launcher is killed by system when the issue happens? Do you remember on which version the issue appeared ?

14. Bing wallpaper

With the current Launcher build the Bing wallpaper has not been updated for both Lock and Home screens although the switch to do so for both has been set and is still active. My phone is out from airplane mode since 6 1/2 hours and the update should IMHO have already been triggered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Home screen icon size changes back to 25% default size on reboot

Home screen icon size changes back to 25% default size on reboot. To change back you have to select medium font 1st, default size 2nd, large font 3rd to get back size preference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bing wallpaper not cycling

Wallpaper not changing to Bing image of the day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Barra de búsqueda

Cuando personalizo el estilo de la barra de búsqueda, por ejemplo do forma circular, pasa un rato después y veo que vuelve a tener su estilo original

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. search bar keeps changing back to bing

I changed my default search engine to Google, but it keeps changing back to bing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Default settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. recently closed app doesn't show in the recent apps. rather it shows a blank page.

recently closed app doesn't show in the recent apps rather it shows a blank space and when you click on the blank page it opens the last closed app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Recent page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bing Lock Screen image and wallpaper image are not of equal size

When setting the Bing daily image as a lock screen and wallpaper image I expect them to look the same in terms of size. Currently the lock screen is properly sized, while the home screen image is zoomed in to about 150-200% of the lock screen image. Enabling or disabling the scroll effect (which doesn't work anyhow when swiping between the summary screen to home screen) has no impact on the size of the home screen image

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base