Ideas

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto backup

Such an obvious feature

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to back up Microsoft Launcher to USB / SD

Configurable location for backing up Microsoft Launcher data.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. backup and restore

Need option to restore launcher settings (as in existing/non beta app).

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Backup

Allow us to select which folder location to backup; whether local (such as SD card) or in OneDrive. Most of my other apps backup to the "Apps" directory in OneDrive, but not MS Launcher and I can't change the directory. It's annoying from an administration point of view because all of my backups are not in the same location. Thx!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to change the path to the OneDrive backup folder

Now it backups to a ArrowBackup folder in the root folder. There's no option to change this path.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Backup with APK & OBB files !

It will be fantastic if MS will add an option to choose in backup tab to add APK and OBB files so that way, when we restore a backup (after switching from custom Rom / or new smartphone) we don't have to reinstall one by one all the apps from Google Play Store.
    Do it ! Pleease

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Re-initiate the "Restart Launcher" feature on Androids

"Restart Launcher" was a crucial feature in the previous version of Microsoft Launcher before the recent update. This feature gave Android user(s) the ability to "restart" the launcher at any moment from the launcher settings whenever possible, whether it be to improve system performance, halt battery drainage, to force stop apps from operating in the background, or simply restart the launcher to reassure it is operating at peak performance. The most important reason(in my opinion) is to restore the some user(s) confidence and belief for downloading Microsoft Launcher in the first place, to improve their accessibility on their previous generation…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore Internet Links Stored On The Phone

I have a cheap phone that keeps erasing everything. Microsoft Launcher is a God Send. I can restore all apps with one button push. However, any internet links stored on a separate home screen page do not restore. Please make it possible to restore internet links stored on home screen pages.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. multiple devices

be able to have multiple devices with their own backups per user email. I have 1 phone and two tablets, I discovered the pain way that every tablet backup overwrote the phone backup. and yes I'm positive, on the restore my cellphone had the wallpaper that's ONLY on my tablet. I have the same Hotmail address for all 3 devices- why not have backups tied to device name or mfg ID ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. hate it how do I get rid of it

I agree HATE HATE HATE it How do I get rid of it

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if the launcher would save links / icons created from my browser (save to home page).

When backing up and restoring my launcher settings, the icons I created in Firefox using 'save to home page' were not saved in the backup forcing me to recreate them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How about thing a go my way every time and I would have a idea!!

had to share a idea first haven't even explored one feature besides this one yet , how about I got a idea?¿ Maybe if you don't ask for feedback right away I'll have more of an idea!¡ the problem with most isn't connecting to the network or the Wi-Fi its the connector, just think about it...you wouldn't be reading my input right now and if I wasn't high as fuck I would of skipped all this for now till later !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import launcher-layout from phone

I want to import my launcher layout & settings from ie. LG phone.
    Else, using this Microsoft launcher would waste several hours time in order to recreate my layout from the LG phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Backup of Web links & document links

I really would like it if web pages/links and document links pinned to the home page or in folders could be backed up and restored. Every time I have to restore my home screen all my pinned web links, OneNote links or Excel links have to manually be recreated. This is a frustrating and time consuming process.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Arrowbackup file on OneDrive is awkward. Let us pick a directory in OneDrive.

When "backing up" to cloud in Launcher, let us choose which folder in OneDrive (instead of automatically creating a "arrowbackup" directory in OneDrive.) Alternatively, if above suggest is troublesome, the put arrowbackup in the Apps directory in OneDrive.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. blue button launch pads X marks the start near enough good enough,,,done wow skyscraping platforms Cheers

like shaking nuts out of a tree
    complicated without machinery or workers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Web shortcut backup

We are allowed to place web shortcuts on the home screen and in tile folders/groups. Can you please back these up? The last time I restored the layout - they were lost. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Thunderbird to Outlook Migration

If you are looking for a solution to migrate Thunderbird mailbox into Outlook PST format then you can download MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter. This GUI tool easily migrates single or multiple mailboxes from Thunderbird to Outlook. With the help of this software, you can also import Thunderbird MBOX and Maildir files into PST file format without any technical help. The software has a different export option so you can convert Thunderbird to PST, EML, MSG, HTML etc.

Download free demo: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/thunderbird-to-outlook-converter/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base