Ideas

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. backup and restore

Need option to restore launcher settings (as in existing/non beta app).

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Backup of Web links & document links

I really would like it if web pages/links and document links pinned to the home page or in folders could be backed up and restored. Every time I have to restore my home screen all my pinned web links, OneNote links or Excel links have to manually be recreated. This is a frustrating and time consuming process.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Arrowbackup file on OneDrive is awkward. Let us pick a directory in OneDrive.

When "backing up" to cloud in Launcher, let us choose which folder in OneDrive (instead of automatically creating a "arrowbackup" directory in OneDrive.) Alternatively, if above suggest is troublesome, the put arrowbackup in the Apps directory in OneDrive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Back up and restore  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. blue button launch pads X marks the start near enough good enough,,,done wow skyscraping platforms Cheers

like shaking nuts out of a tree
    complicated without machinery or workers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Web shortcut backup

We are allowed to place web shortcuts on the home screen and in tile folders/groups. Can you please back these up? The last time I restored the layout - they were lost. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Thunderbird to Outlook Migration

If you are looking for a solution to migrate Thunderbird mailbox into Outlook PST format then you can download MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook Converter. This GUI tool easily migrates single or multiple mailboxes from Thunderbird to Outlook. With the help of this software, you can also import Thunderbird MBOX and Maildir files into PST file format without any technical help. The software has a different export option so you can convert Thunderbird to PST, EML, MSG, HTML etc.

Download free demo: https://www.mailsdaddy.com/thunderbird-to-outlook-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Best MBOX Converter to Migrate MBOX to PST

The MBOX file is created by many offline and online email clients, but none provides backup or any method to store data in a PST file format. So when a user is stuck between MBOX and Outlook conversion then he needs a professional tool. I would suggest MailsDaddy MBOX to PST Converter to convert Gmail, WebMail, Apple Mail, Netscape, Postbox, Mutt, Claws Mail, Opera Mail, and other mailboxes to Outlook PST format. This MBOX converter has many features by which users convert data in PST, EML, MSG, HTML, Office 365, etc. You can also use the first demo version and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. hate it how do I get rid of it

I agree HATE HATE HATE it How do I get rid of it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pourquoi les autres clouds ne sont pas représentés ?

J'ai déjà un compte cloud où j'aimerai sauvegarder mes données

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prefix a backup file with the name of the device

I have two devices running Microsoft Launcher. When it backs up to one drive I don't know which file relates to which device should I wish to do a restore

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an APP BACKGROUND KILLER that works automatically as user set (every hour, every 6 hrs ect). This keeps the phone working smoothly.

Have an APP BACKGROUND KILLER that works automatically as user set (every hour, every 6 hrs ect).

This keeps the phone working smoothly by cleaning the RAM.

Android just lets apps run and run in the background making your phone slowly and sometimes freeze.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. backup launcher to onedrive

I would like to be able to backup the launcher config to my onedrive account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. IT can not BACK UP website added to home screen

IT can not BACK UP website added to home screen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please include contacts in back up and restore.

In earlier updates before march we can back up contacts and restore them. But you remove that feature. Please bring it back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. import home screen settings from default launcher

Please provide a way to import home screen settings from default launcher otherwise switching from default app becomes tedious. Have to setup everything from the scratch on home screen. Currently I am suing OPPO A5 2020

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. when backing up / restoring, backup bing daily wallpaper, not just the wallpaper that was backed up that day when restoring

after doing a cloud backup, and switching devices, then restoring all settings, the background is set to the background of the day the settings were backed up. the actual bing daily wallpaper is not selected and the background does not rotate the next day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add device identifier to the backup file.

Using the launcher on two similar tablets I would like to distinguish what device the backup belongs to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. call recorder

pls add dialer application with call recorder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OST to Office 365 Migration

MailsDaddy OST to Office 365 Migration Tool is a smooth and relevant program developed by experts and highly recommended by professionals all over the globe. Its significance is attracted by a lot of people to provide a flawless outcome maintaining the originality. This Windows compatible OST to Office 365 Converter works without the need for the software to import OST file to O365. It provides the movement of multiple varieties of OST file to Exchange Online specified mailboxes. The software never migrates the OST to the wrong mailbox of O365. It comfortably moves the entire OST whether damaged or healthy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base