Ideas

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders

When a folder opens on my home screen the contents need to be at the bottom of the screen so I can reach them. Phones are big, so the contents in the middle of the screen are harder to reach.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When I pull the group to home screen all icons inside the group are re-sequenced differently. It shud remain same.

I have sequenced the icons inside a group in a particular way. When I pull that group to home screen the icon sequence inside the group should not change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Widgets Inside Folders

I want to put widgets inside folders. Some widgets offer multiple one-click shortcuts which would be nice to access inside a folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Action Launcher-style folders

I want to use Microsoft Launcher but the way Action Launcher manages folders is just too good.

The first app inside a folder can (optionally) be launched by single tapping on the folder. The folder is expanded by a swipe gesture.

This use case is really great for primary and secondary apps. Let's say I mainly use Google Maps and sometimes multiple taxi and car sharing apps. They are all inside the "transport" folder, Maps being the forefront and accessible via a single tap. All the transportation apps are logically together, and the other apps are available inside the folder…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. app folders on home screen should stay linked to folders in drawer

Currently, when app folders in the apps drawer are added to the home screen, subsequent changes to the folder in the drawer do not update the folder on the home screen. It would be nice if they did.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More icons visible in folders

Show more icons when folder opens both in full screen and non full screen. They're currently lots of empty space top and bottom which is wasted. I have to scroll to see more apps in my folder which is annoying.
    At least make it a customisable option.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Icon badges

Badge or indicator when made a folder and on top of it put an app icon. Now I have to remember where are all the "hidden" folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If possible have some customation to the app folders. The current design (not full screen) felt duller compared to the full screen version.

Basically introducing a few design options for those who don't want their app folders to open full screen but still loves the full screen's translucent design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding apps to folders, add scroll bar with Alphabetical breaks (e.g. hyperlink to that letter)

When you're adding apps to an existing folder, you just get this long list of every app.

There's no scroll bar to quickly drag to an app that's a long way down the list.

Example :
    If you want to add an app that starts with the T, you have to repeatedly click scroll through the list until you finally get there. And you might overshoot it and then you have to go back and find it.

It should have a scroll slider on one side that you can quickly drag and when you press and drag it highlights letters…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option locking moving of icons to free space under finger, when user drag another icon.

When I drag icon of application and try drop it on container or other icon it begin jumping and moving to free space. Can you add option for locking position for another icons?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. import folders from existing launcher

I don't want to have to manually create folders and add apps one by one to them. It would save a lot of time if we can import folders (with their apps in them) from the existing launcher into Microsoft Launcher. Please make this happen.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't see if folder has more icons to show. Add visual cue to window mode.

In the new mode for folders, you can't see if there's more app icons below those shown. Add a tiny scrollbar, a gradient to the background or any other kind of visual cue so that we can see that in a clear way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Màu nền của thư mục

Nên tùy chỉnh được màu nền và độ trong suốt của thư mục khi mở ở dạng cửa sổ, hiện tại chỉ là 1 màu xám đục, không hài hòa với tổng thể.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 文件夹打开后最好默认背景变暗,以便看清图标

背景要变暗,不然看不清楚😤

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. automatically group apps by category such as entertainment, finance, shopping, network, games, files, etc.

Microsoft launcher will use category codes assigned by Google Play to create folders that automatically group app by these category codes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folder opacity

Allow slider to adjust opacity level of folder background icon on home screen. Once you open the folder the background is solid but an unopened folder on the home screen has a transparent background

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I dont like folder open full screen and screen its diffucult for open app but folder open full screen and apps screen botton very easy.

I dont like folder open full screen and screen its diffucult for open app but folder open full screen and apps screen botton very easy.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. configuration setting for position to open folders for easy reach

allow global and/or per folder configuration of the position that folders open so that you can easily reach the contents of the folder on larger phones - i.e., open folders to bottom left, bottom right, etc.

the current folder display at the horizontal and vertical center of the screen can be hard to reach on larger phones.

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Icons could have bigger padding on folders. When somebody has bigger screen and has few icons in a folder they are too high and accessible.

When you open a folder icons could have been closer to the control buttons like not so high they are hardly accessible

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 应用抽屉

桌面程序分类可以选择不用文件夹,而是书架式的,每行一个分类,这行前5个APP是直接可以点击操作的,点击第6个图标展开本分类,可以选择其它APP操作。这样可以大大提高常用APP操作的效率。如果只是文件夹模式,所有该分类下的APP都得点击开文件夹后再操作,多一步。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base