What new feature or idea would you like to see in Arrow?

please provide windows 10 live tiles in your next Microsoft launcher update.

I think will attract the attention of most of the people.

467 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vatsal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this would be a fantastic feature. But, MS has already pointed out it they won't do it because it's up to each individual app developer to make the live tiles work with their apps. We all know if there's a way to make a MS product work, Android peeps will purposely do the opposite. Even though it would help them. We'll have to wait until Google 'invents' it.

Windows launcher is my go to launcher for any droid phone I ever get- but u do agree that the tiles would be so much nicer, and and have many other people want to use Microsoft launcher over the others

Android interface looks like a 5th grader did it. Windows Phone was so much more elegant and professional. Miss my 950. Why can't "Microsoft Launcher" make this POS look and act like WP? Full sized, square edged live tiles. Metro icons. Swipe from right for app list. Please?

• Teura ORBECK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should capture notifications to populate the back of app tiles. So App icons could become tiles and flip when there is active notifications on them.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be awesome as an option to use "Metro Mode" for live tiles and "Android Mode" for what we currently have. Choice is good sometimes.

Plzz add live tiles on widgets... At least 1st try from weather and time app... Remember ms weather on WP?? At Least make it flip... Missing those golden days of windows phone 😥

• ilia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still using old Lumia920 @ Win 8.1 as 2nd phone and live tiles are sooo much better than just plain icons or over complicated widgets. And tiles can be easily arranged and occupy small amount of screen space.

Live tiles was one of the best inventions on mobile platforms. I had Windows pole for years, still have my Nokia 735. The lack of useful apps made me switch to Android. But having the MS launcher with live tiles would be wonderful.

This would be really nice, but as a Metro developer, I know that there are technical limitations that would prevent this. In a nutshell, apps would have to be re-written to support the functionality, and getting broad developer support would be next to impossible.

This would be a great addition to the Launcher. Live tiles were one of the best parts of W10 Mobile and WP. Plus it can be done albeit in a limited way on Android. For inspiration I would look towards launcher 10 in the app store. The developer did a great job emulating the W10 Mobile experience. The icons in this launcher display notifications within the tile akin to W10 Mobile. While, it seems as if Microsoft is evolving past this, elements such as live tiles were popular and would definitely help differentiate the Launcher in my view. I hope the development team would consider this type of functionality. They've done a great job so far with the Launcher.

Have the home screen live tiles and vertical scrolling like windows phone, swipe to the left screen as it currently does with all the widgets and info, swipe to the right screen for app drawer like Windows Phone. Don't let the awesome features of Windows phone die.

Live Tiles made Win10 Mobile good, would love to be able to have that MS shell on Android

← Previous 1 3

Ideas: App Drawer

Feedback and Knowledge Base