What new feature or idea would you like to see in Arrow?

Ability to Add Shortcuts from Browsers Onto the Apps Page

Since I don't use the Facebook app, I use the Web version on my phone instead. With other launchers, Chrome's "Add to home screen" works. But it doesn't seem to with Arrow. I don't know how it would be implemented, but I would really like that feature.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been able to do this in the past, but it's currently not working.

• Denis N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in both Firefox and Chrome, bookmarks will not appear on the home screen when adding them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mendatory feature for dev. I can't use arrow anymore since I need to add web apps to homescreen.

From web browser/web page, select "place shortcuts on homescreen" ...and there you go, new shortcuts icon apear on app page! Nice!

• Brian Barnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't see any way of launching a web app that has been added to my home screen from Chrome, I have to go back to the default launcher, run my web app then come back to Arrow once I'm done. Any chance of Home Screen app support? its a bit of a blow for those of us who make and use progressive web apps that they seemingly vanish without of trace if the user is running the Arrow launcher!

In the app drawer or on the app page opening the settings should provide an option to enter a url which then appears as an app on either your app page or in the drawer and just opens the url from default browser.

It would be great to support web bookmarks on the apps page or a separate bookmark page. marshmallow allows you to pin URLs to the home screen but Arrow doesn't have a means to show them.

• laurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comment installer un raccourci sur l'écran d'accueil ?
    Install homescreen shortcut by 'Automate' is impossible.

• Edward Gonsalves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't add shortcuts like I could on previous launcher. Shortcuts are as important as widgets. Please add support for shortcuts.

• Tim C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The browser (in this case the baked in default android browser) let's you long press on bookmarks to get a pop-up menu with one option being 'Add to Home screen'. This does nothing as far as I can tell.

• ang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot add a bookmark to my screen. I love the launcher everything works fine.

• Girish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I visit some pages on Web regularly. I would like to add shortcuts to them on my home screen. Chrome has the option to add a page to home, but Arrow doesn't recognize them. Those shortcuts are available on the regular android home screen but missing from Arrow.

I would like this but for Firefox as well. Without a launcher, I will typically link my usual sites on my homepage, but can't do that with Arrow Launcher.

• Sai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

同 比如豆瓣app 可以生成一个快速打开小组广播的启动方式 这个luncher就不能支持

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely! out ticket system has a phone app that is a mobile site. saving as an icon on the home screen is vital to using it effectively.

Pinning websites and apps to the home screen is an important and useful function, but seems to be impossible with Arrow. Pinned sites just don't appear.

I opened a frequently used website in chrome. in seeing I used the "Add to home screen" option, and nothing shows up.

← Previous 1 3

Ideas: Apps Page

Feedback and Knowledge Base