Ideas

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 377 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    27 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make clock icon interactive like the calendar icon.

It would be great if the clock app icon showed the current time.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transparent mode for Microsoft launcher 6.0

Bring back an transparent mode from the previous version

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Icon Pack Search

I should be able to search a 3rd party icon pack and choose icons. That is what is normal and on all launchers out there. How can this be missed? Bit of a let down that this basic feature is missing.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Any chance of a Metro style launcher? really miss the simplicity and customization

The metro style that windows phone's used to have was great, really simple, everything important at hand, and easily customizable, the live tiles were way better than anything that you can get now. i even tried some launchers that try to emulate that and they fail big time

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. when you change a single icon and want it to adapt to a new icon pack every time.. this needs a toggle

when you change an icon say I changed it for calendar to a different icon pack there is no way of making it so that the next time u change the default icon pack.. the custom icon changes with it... so there needs to be an icon pack reset button or something in the launcher settings menu for resetting the icons into the default icon pack

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. all apps on home instead of app drawer

Instead of having all the apps in the app drawer and somo on the home, i'd like to see all apps on home by default

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customize Microsoft news

More views in Microsoft News, with pictures or whiteout pictures.
    You know, Smart Launcher 5 has this option with Microsoft News, check it out and be inspired :)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dock

In the original Microsoft Home App, dock supports widgets, however, it's not anymore now.
    Please add the support back, thanks.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sub folders

Sub folders on the home screen would be helpful if possible so a folder within a folder. Not sure if that's possible with Android though.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add icon round or square option

please add the option of icons layout on screen eg. round or square

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. An option to change the fill of 'same shaped' app icons to white or black instead of an averaged out colour of the colours in the app icon.

It's useful as it adds consistency to the app experience. Often some icons are difficult to see be because of their fill. (Eg- Google photos has a blue background). You may also get the white backgrounds turning to black inside dark mode. It's subtle, but sensible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rectangle

I can't customise the size of the icons. I want my maps icon large so when I'm in a hurry I can hit it easily. I want my email medium because I use it a lot. I want my banking app small because I don't want to launch it by mistake. A grid of identical squares looks very anonymous, a variety of sizes is easier for my brain to remember what I'm looking at and hence how to navigate to what I want. I won't use this launcher till it allows me to do that. ie all the usability of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. hide app names

I would like to remove the app name text below app. I had to manually rename/remove the names app-by-app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Apply icon pack only for Homescreen icons

Option to apply icon packs only for apps on the Homescreen would be nice. This will allow the AppDrawer to be excluded from icon packs, so the AppDrawer will continue to show original icons.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Caching icons in backups and Microsoft account

Often icon packs come with thousands of icons, most of which are irrelevant for the user. In addition to adding support for searching icons using keywords, can you cache the icons applied by the user to his/ her Microsoft account and include them in the Launcher Backups? This will make icon customisation much faster if you provide a 'Previously Applied Icons' section when choosing an icon/ icon pack. It is okay if the original icon pack needs to be installed on the device for this purpose.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Aperçu des pack d'icônes

Ajouter l'icône de l'application de pack d'icônes. Le nom seul n'est pas pratique quant on en a plusieurs...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base