Ideas

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    26 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transparent mode for Microsoft launcher 6.0

Bring back an transparent mode from the previous version

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Icon Pack Search

I should be able to search a 3rd party icon pack and choose icons. That is what is normal and on all launchers out there. How can this be missed? Bit of a let down that this basic feature is missing.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dock

In the original Microsoft Home App, dock supports widgets, however, it's not anymore now.
    Please add the support back, thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more fine tuning of icon sizes and side padding.

I would like to see it. per app application of custom icons and just more control "fine tuning of icon sizes and padding.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize Microsoft news

More views in Microsoft News, with pictures or whiteout pictures.
    You know, Smart Launcher 5 has this option with Microsoft News, check it out and be inspired :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customize icons and layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a search option for changing custom icons

Please. Add a search option for changing custom icons. To search for the icon in the packs. Because there are more than 4000 icons per pack, it's too long to search for an icon

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Swipe

Add the ability to have action when swiping an icon in home screen. This feature is already available before, but missing in v6 update.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reset customized icon

would be nice to be able to reset every icon to the default one cause if you change a single, no matter what icon pack you apply you need to change the individual icon one by one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shaped icons for third-party icon packs

I'd appreciate if Microsoft Launcher supported the ability to apply shaped icon backgrounds (square, round, teardrop, etc) to third-party icon packs. They currently only work for default icons.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. windows tile

please include an option that brings legacy windows 10 tile layout into Android..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Graphics is terrible, real step backwards

Revert to transparent backgrounds to folders, get rid of the bold text which looks stupid and jars against the normal text used elsewhere on the phone e.g. Normal app list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am not happy with the way it has changed the format on my screen

It has changed the way my screen looks. My app icons are smaller with less visible on each screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The APP NAME of which the icon is being edited should be visible in the icon editing screen

the APP NAME should be visible to the editor , while editing the icon.
    I usually tend to forget the app name i was editing , while manually changing the icons for each app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice if you added customizable app opening and closing animation like nova launcher

It would be cool to change the app open and close animation to your choice for example "Slide Up" "Zoom" etc. Kinda like the Nova Launcher.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save current theme for future use.

When you have the option to save current theme, it would save wich icons you use for each app/folder (especially the ones you changed manually) and your startscreen layout..and preferably all settings, too. This way you can switch it up and try something new without the hassle of having to change it all back manually. (e.g. in case the "new" disappoints,...)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. reshape icons for even third party icon pack

currently icon reshape feature is only supported for system and microsoft launcher icon sets. if I add other icon packs that option is provided for them.
    Need to have icon reshape/adaptive icon feature for any icon pack that user selects

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base